You can download a trial of the latest version of pcdMagic for the Mac below. The trial is fully functional, but:
- The trial is limited to 30 days
- Exported images are watermarked
The downloads for pcdMagic are at the bottom of this page. Downloads are subject to the pcdMagic Software License agreement.
For a version of pcdMagic for macOS 10.7 or later, see this page.
Note: The trial version and the full version of pcdMagic are the same; entering a license key into the trial version enables all of the full version functionality.
- pcdMagic doesn’t require installation as such. What you need to do is:
- Download pcdMagic.
- Normally, the pcdMagic DMG file will automatically mount If for some reason it doesn’t, or you got the DMG from somewhere else, double click it to mount the disk image.
- Then simply drag the pcdMagic icon on to the Applications folder icon. This copies pcdMagic to your Applications folder.
- Once you have done this, pcdMagic is ready to go. Using pcdMagic is described on the "User Manual" page.
Using pcdMagic under OS X 10.7.5 Lion
Please note that OS X 10.7.5 has a bug that will result in any developer signed application (e.g., pcdMagic) crashing on launch. Apple have issued a bug fix here: OS X Lion 10.7.5 Supplemental Update
Later versions of OS X are not impacted by this issue.
If you need to uninstall pcdMagic do the following:
Drag pcdMagic.app from the Applications folder (or wherever else you put it originally) to the Trash.
To upgrade pcdMagic to a later version, just follow the same steps as for a new install, copying the newer program over the existing one.